Monday, March 8, 2010

Music

I have been drowning myself in music lately to get my mind off things, so here are some of my new favorites:

St. Vincent (aka Annie Clark)

I really love her. She has a way of making music that is beautiful, yet also disgusting (her word). She is also one of the most gorgeous women ever. I wish I could look like her, but I don't think I could pull it off. I am addicted to Marrow and Actor Out of Work. Steven was the one who alerted me to her genius.

Here's an interview:



And here's Actor Out of Work:



I've also been listening to The Juliets a lot. They're really small, out of Michigan, I think. But I really like the sound. The Sequel is my favorite. I found out about them through Jason T. Lewis, another amazing musician and writer. I was fortunate enough to bask in his Certified Master of Fine Arts-dom for a couple weeks one summer. His album has just been released as well. http://sadironmusic.bandcamp.com/

Here's The Juliets' Drive You Home:



http://thejuliets.bandcamp.com/

I got their songs because they were free, but now I feel like I want to pay for them. Maybe I'll find some more I can buy once I get my credit card set up!

No comments: